-

Udruženje Informatičara BiH - Cross-platform and Portable Development With PHP, LAMP/WAMP development, AJAX and Javascript, ASP, dot NET, C sharp, C++, C, VB, Oracle, tutorials and tips...
Free as Freedom, not Free as Free Pizza!


 
Web http://www.uibih.co.nr

Add to Google

Friday, January 05, 2007

Alexa Says: Simpy in Top 10K

Just before the end of 2006, I noticed that, according to Alexa, Simpy was very close to being in top 10,000 sites by its traffic rank. I mentioned that in 2006 Finale: Alexa Top 10K. Because the end of 2006 was so close, I didn't think Simpy would make it into top 10K by the year's end. A few days after that, I hopped on a plane and went half-way around the planet, to China (it is sunny and over 20 Celsius here in Panyu, outside Guandgzhou). I took a few days off and stayed away from the computer and the Internet. Then, right after New Year's I looked at Simpy's Alexa chart and found that I got a great New Year's present - Simpy made it into the top 10,000 sites on the Web! In addition, I see all "3 months change" numbers for Simpy on Alexa are up:
  • Traffic rank: up 5,112
  • Reach per million users: 45%
  • Page views per user: 16%

Of course, climbing up in Alexa is easier the further down the "long tail" the site is, and gets progressively harder as the site gets closer to the "short head". I wonder what commercial web site traffic tracking services say about Simpy, if anything. Does anyone with access to ComScore or HitWise know if Simpy is listed with any of those services?

I'm not patting myself on the back, but I clearly can't hide that I am pretty happy. After all, Simpy is my side project, has not been marketed, and has no VCs or any other investors. What it does have are some passionate users and contributors! Thank you!

Ok, enough of this euphoria. It's time to go back to work.

[more]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home